We’ve released Domain Scout v1.1, with features in most part responding to upvoted UserVoice requests. Keep them coming! And we have lots of ideas in store, ourselves.
- Top-level domain preset buttons now customizable
- Better WHOIS support for .de and .jp
- Improved handling of invalid domain names
- Many more WHOIS formats smart-parsed for convenient viewing
- Accomodates font changes in iPhone OS 2.1
- Numbers at the beginning of names were mistakenly filtered
- Some raw WHOIS records got mangled due to bad escaping
Domain Scout v1.0.1 is live in the App Store, fixing a memory leak that eventually crashed the app. This only affected long search sessions.
Our first iPhone application, Domain Scout, is live in the App Store. Finding domain names for your new ideas has never been easier.
Once you start using Domain Scout, check out our UserVoice support page to suggest and vote on improvements.
I’ll post later about the five-week experience, the missing documentation, the NDA-dampened community exchange, the yesteryear interfaces, but overall quite pleased with the results.